Clients appreciate the depth of Vitaliy Orekhov’s technical knowledge and his meticulous attention to detail in handling their intellectual property matters.
Nixon Vanderhye Associate Vitaliy Orekhov is a registered Patent Attorney who is well-versed in many aspects of intellectual property law, including preparing and prosecuting patent applications, portfolio management, conducting due diligence, and preparing infringement/invalidity opinions. He represents global corporations, small and medium-size enterprises, and startup inventors.
Relying on his thorough knowledge of intellectual property law and clients’ business needs, Vitaliy provides strategic advice to both U.S. and foreign clients. In instances of foreign clients entering the U.S. market, he provides non-infringement opinions relating to competitor’s patents, design-around alternatives, and strategies for securing and improving each client’s U.S. intellectual property portfolios.
Vitaliy’s technical skills span various subject matters. While pursuing his graduate degree at the University of Tennessee, Vitaliy acquired experience in computer vision, robotics, and intelligent systems. In particular, he focused his research on automated calibration of vision systems for computer vision applications. Vitaliy also worked at the Naval Surface Warfare Center in Virginia, where he performed research in the area of novel analog and digital architectures for real-time image processing.
Vitaliy has extensive experience in preparing patent applications directed to a variety of different technologies, particularly electrical- and computer-related innovations that encompass:
- Integrated Circuits
- Software and Processor Technologies
- Printing Systems
- Display Technologies
- Handheld Devices
- Graphic User Interfaces (GUIs)
- Image Processing
- Three-Dimensional Graphics
- Cloud Computing
- Web Technology
- Automotive Systems
- Navigation Systems
- Power Generation Systems
He especially enjoys working with high-tech companies developing complex technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Post-Grant Proceedings
- Due Diligence
- Domestic and Worldwide Portfolio Management
- PTAB Practice
IP Transactions, Agreements, and Trade Secrets
- Licensing, Sales, and Assignments
- Advertising & Marketing
Communications & Data Transfer
- Internet of Things
- Data Analytics
Electrical & Computer Technology
- Computer Systems
- Artificial Intelligence
Toys & Gaming
- Video Game Systems
- Medical Devices
Industrial & Manufacturing Systems & Products
- Power Generation
- Home Appliances
- Sensing and Measuring Systems & Devices
Optical Devices & Systems
Transportation & Logistics
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- J.D., University of New Hampshire Franklin Pierce School of Law, 2010
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, The University of Tennessee, 2007
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Tennessee Technological University, 2005
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Co-Author, “Universal Camera Calibration with Automatic Distortion Model Selection,” Proc. of the IEEE International Conference on Image Processing, ICIP07, September 2007.
- Co-Author, “A Generalized Full Scale Camera Calibration Method with Optimized Complexity,” Proc. Fourth IEEE International Conference Multi-Conference on Systems, Signals, & Devices, SSD07, March 2007.